New Firmware Update for Samsung Galaxy Y S5360 (May, 2012)

Recently, Samsung released updates for both Kies and Samsung Galaxy Y firmware. You’ll get the firmware update unless you update the version of Kies also. I believe Samsung is really pushing users to always update it. Now, let’s see what does the new firmware (PDA:LE1 / PHONE:LE1 / CSC:LD2 (SMA) include:

What are the changes?

1. New widgets and icons (Samsung Update and Google Play Store)

2. New options for Firmware Update (Menu – Settings – About Phone – Software Update)

Clear Guide to Update Samsung S5360 Galaxy Y Firmware Check out the latest firmware update in The Philippines

Here’s a guide on how to upgrade the firmware of your Samsung Galaxy Young to the latest version via Samsung Kies:

1. Connect your device using the USB Cable to your PC and then open Samsung Kies.

2. After Kies identified your device, Click Firmware Upgrade button. It is normal if you see connection to the device lost error message in the lower right hand corner of Kies after clicking the Firmware Upgrade button.

3. In Firmware Upgrade pop-up window, read thoroughly the things that you need to do before you proceed with the upgrade. Select whether you allow Kies to save your Phone number, PC hardware specifications and IP Information on their server for any upgrade issues analysis.

4. Click Start Upgrade button.

5. Let Kies download the upgrade components. Don’t attempt to disconnect your phone during this process. This will take time depending in your internet download speed.

6. After it downloads, it will automatically run the upgrade on your Samsung Galaxy Y.

Tip: If the installation didn’t go through after Kies downloaded the update file, try to plugin the USB cable to the other USB hub in your pc or laptop.

7. After the upgrade process, there should be a prompt in Kies that the upgrade was successfully completed. It is now safe to disconnect the device from the USB cable.

Comments

1. By on

Galaxy Y Never ever get 4.04 ICS… Because Galaxy Y dn’t hav much memory storage…. The change when you get update via OTA is =
    1. Unlock mode change….
    2. (Maybe) decrease the lag… :D
    3. Don’t know..:D
    But the update is much….. :’(
    Maybe five to seven…
    Good bless all…
    29078CE6
    Bernard32127@gmail.com

2. By mai on

hi, i rooted my phone so i’m wondering if it’s bad for me to update my firmware like will it cause my phone to not work properly or something.. please help thanks!

3. By james on

hi… i downloaded the updated and installed the kies on the link.. but when connect my samsung galaxy y..it says that my phone doesnt support firmware upgrade through kies.. my csc is s5360DXLA1.

4. By VONJ on

my phones firmware is PDA:DXLF2/ PHONE:DXLF1/ CSC:OLBLG1. kies ALWAYS SAY IT DOES NOT SUPPORT FIRMWARE UPGRADEABLE THROUGH KIES!!! why can this beee!!!!????

5. By vier on

Hello! I just have a question, why is it that whenever I try to update mine through the phone software update, it always fail? My GY is v2.3.6 thanks :) and more power

6. By xed on

I just updated my galaxy y… it turned out pretty fine with the new software and the widgets. the reason i updated my phone is i am getting an error says, ” sd card accidentally removed” … i wish this update would help me fix the issue. im glad samsung come up with this new update.

7. By xed on

Nothing will be deleted upon doing the update on your phone. you will be advice not to remove the sd card during the update and installation. I did it using wifi connection. just follow the instruction and your phone will be fine.

8. By jhirohmania17 on

i tried to upGrade my firmware through kies but after d download there’s no changes on my phone..why is it?please help me.. :(

9. By sier on

HELLO! :) iS IT AVAILABLE IN PHILIPPINES? IM TRYING TO DOWNLOAD IT NOW. THE FIRST BATCH OF DOWNLOADING IS FINE. AND SUDDENLY AN ANDROID PICTURE APPEARS AND BELOW THAT IT SAYS Dowloading..
    MY PROBLEM IS IM WAITING FOR A LONG TIME AND IT IS STILL 0%. WHAT SHOULD I DO ? :(

10. By DuggleB on

I’ve got Fiirmware PDA:KK3 / Phone:KK3 / CSC:KK! (O2U) but KIES doesn’t offer anything better, and insists it’s up to date as well, any ideas

11. By maximus on

i’m bought a samsung galaxy y do you advise me update it or not ?….i’m confused …… besides the new widgets …. what are the other new features of a updated kies of galaxy y…. ?

12. By Kenneth Bernales on

the firmware doesn’t update the kies.. it updates your smartphone. kies is only the one who finds updates and sync everything from your smartphone to your pc.

13. By Kenneth Bernales on

the firmware update includes bug fixes, some kind of new GUI or graphical user interface, new widgets, and just a bit of performance.

14. By aya623 on

there are two methods of connection.,the cable and other one is bluetooth,.,.can i use the bluetooth method ..??

15. By Ali on

See, I went on kies and then started upgrade. it tooks 10 min. aFTR THAT THERE WAS NO CHANGE IN MY PHONE.. tHE SAME. EVN SAMSUNG KIES WAS SHOWING ME MSG
    nEW FRIMWARE IS AVAILABEL UPGRADE