Create Naver Account [Updated]

I guess this is already the third time that I’ll be updating this post. The good news is Naver made the previous, and daunting registration procedure easier for foreign users. The registration form is now available in English. You’ve read it right! If Naver detects you’re using a foreign IP address, the form will be rendered in English automatically. So, no need to use translation toolbar or plugin. The text in the form is very easy-to-understand. It’s like you’re registering for a free email or Facebook account. Less work for me as well. Thanks to the new update! I won’t be translating text in photos anymore.

In order to register, you must have a cell phone number which is not yet registered on Naver. It is required.

Now, without further ado, here’s the step-by-step guide on how to register at Naver.com.

Naver Account Creation

1. Open a new tab in the internet browser then, go to Naver.com. Click 회원가입 (Register) link in the login box.

Register for a Naver Account

2. On the next page, click the first circle icon to agree to the terms of service. The other icons will turn green automatically. If not, click it one by one.

Naver Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

3. Click Agree button to proceed to the next step.

Comments

• By on

I’m not sure if Naver no longer accepts registrations from overseas which I doubt. I can’t find a way to complete the phone verification. I’d been digging the customer service page, but their guides are also outdated. Let’s just wait for them to fix the registration page in the meantime.

• By Esteban on

Hi Jay, I was able to register an account with Naver, via an english registration form with only one problem. It asked me my date and month of birth, but not my year, and I’m finding I can’t access some content due to age restrictions. Do you happen to know if it’s possible to either change this?

• By on

Hi! There’s no way to change the birth date in “My Account” page. I think it will be updated automatically if you authenticate your account via i-PIN. If you don’t have an alien registration number or KSSN, then there’s really no way to change it. Perhaps, you can try emailing Naver Support, and request update of birth date. I’m not sure if they can do that. OR, create another account. Just make sure to change the language to Korean in the terms and conditions page so you will be redirected to the Korean registration form which is exactly identical to the English form. The birth year box is working there. You need to enter it manually. e.g. 1990. As per the phone verification, probably you can borrow a phone number from your sibling, or friend. They will not be charged though, and Naver doesn’t spam.

1. By Bullshit on

Is there a Naver website in English language? Because I want to create LINE. There is no Naver website in English? or you can just show us how to turn it English? THANKS

2. By Jacey on

I’m stuck at step 6. There’s a pop-up but I can’t see the ‘여기’ anywhere on the pop-up… I keep seeing ’14세’ so I’m guessing i’m underage?…

3. By Tom on

Excellent information. thank you for sharing.
    I’ve been trying to set up a searchad account on Naver (as a foreigner), but am running into some issues. Is there any chance that you could create a similar walkthrough guide for Searchad.naver.com?

4. By Sarah Harman on

When I get to Step 6 and click the handyphone button, no box pops up. My pop-up blocker is set to shows when something has been blocked at the top of the web page, but that is not occurring so I don’t know what the issue is. Any ideas what’s going on?

• By Seo Jay Hee on

Not sure why you’re not getting a pop-up blocker notification. Try to disable your pop-up blocker temporarily. After signing-up, turn it on again.

5. By naoj on

id made the account but do you know why i cant listen to the 1 min preview in naver music on my iphone?thx

6. By naoj on

thanks.id made the account but do you know why i cant listen to the songs preview on naver music on my iphone?

7. By Dee on

but how to finish this

실명 확인을 하지 않으셨습니다.
    유료/게임/성인서비스 등 일부 서비스는 실명확인 후 이용하실 수 있습니다

8. By Mona on

I don’t know how to thank you :)
    I tried a lot over the years, but finally after your tutorial I was able to register.

9. By escaflowne on

Hi, for the country code, I cant see mine. It only has 010 011 016-019 so does it mean I wont be able to register?

10. By seoserviceuser on

Hello sir, I got
    you by Google search.

very much for a nice and cool article starrguide.com. It is an alternative post by you. That
    is so cute. This is very nice post! I will bookmark this blog.
    SEO
    is one of the effective promotion strategies that many company webmasters
    employ now to create their sites popular. Choosing an experienced and
    cost-effective Affordable SEO
    Company
    is the first step towards achieving your seo goals. If done
    correctly, seo can bring excellent outcomes and high look for motor promotion
    placement. You have to create your choice well, if you are looking for a
    cost-effective Affordable SEO Company to bring out seo tasks. A reliable
    online promotion organization can provide you with all the necessary support
    and services you need to achieve your company objectives. They can
    effectively bring out is essential SEO, from competitive analysis and research,
    keyword researching and selection, copy writing, consulting and more. Most of
    the firms apply look for motor promotion approved SEO methods for promotion.
    These methods are found to be successful in obtaining top roles for client
    websites in the look for motor outcomes of major Google such as Google,
    Yahoo, and Bing.

Thanks For Very
    Interesting Post.

11. By Shay Ediss on

Okay, I’ll try it out again tonight and edit this post (*like this*) to give feedback. I really appreciate how fast you have been responding to this!

12. By on

I checked Naver’s Customer Service page and I got this info:

For nickname, you can use Hangul up to 10 characters. If you use English alphabet, it can be 2-20 characters long and numbers can be used as well.

I checked my two accounts and my nicknames are like this -> ExaMpleonly, exampleonly123

For password, I usually use small characters plus one special symbol like @ then a few numbers. Example: atlas123@

13. By Shay Ediss on

I did and it said it was available but a pop-up window appears when I click the “agree” (or “next”) button and I can’t copy the text or screen capture it to show you. Do you have any tips on making a nickname or password? (I was looking around and there is an old tutorial for the old version of signing of for Naver and they always made note to captilize everything (except now it specifically tells me to use lowercase for the nickname). Do you have any tips or can you give me some nickname ideas that might allow me to continue you on?

14. By Clarissa Wei on

Hi! How come when I’m almost done something pops up and says “자동가입방지용 문자를 정확하게 입력해 주세요”? It stops me from doing anything else. Thank You.

Trackbacks