Unionbank’s EON Card Application and Paypal Verification [Updated]

NEW UPDATE: You may now apply for EON Visa Debit Card Online. Just click here and read how it works.

After I have verified my main PayPal account with my Union bank EPayCard. I’m now going to try my new account which is EON.

I actually applied for an EON Card in Union bank QC branch which is located along E. Rodriguez Ave (near Starbucks). Before I went there, I tried calling their customer service first because I would like to verify the necessary documents that I need to bring with me to avoid any conflict with my application. So, when I arrived at the site, Mark assisted me then. He even asked me why do I need it or for what purpose. I was thinking by that time that probably EON card has some special usages that I’m not aware of or whatever. I just told him that I need it for my PayPal account. Okay, so he handed me an application form and no wonder, they always need a lot of specimen signatures as usual. It’s actually a piece of paper that you need to fill up with your personal information like SSS, TIN, and Company Profile.

After filling up the form, I returned my fully-accomplished application form to him together with my two valid IDs. He actually photocopied all of it and then he told me that I need to go back after seven business days to redeem my EON Card. He didn’t ask for any deposit or card payment by that time. He just told me that they will accept the card payment or any initial deposit once I got it already.

I actually went there last month but I only came back last February 18th (Almost one month had passed by already). I was hoping that they still have my card. Luckily, the still have it. I only presented one valid ID to confirm that I’m the account holder. After Mark confirmed it, he asked for the card payment. Well, I paid P350 for it. I handed him thousand so I can provide my initial deposit also which is P650.00. There’s no receipt for card payment but for the deposit of course there is. After I made my payment, he handed my EON card to me right away together with the PIN which is in a piece of carbonated paper. Before I left, he mentioned that I need to receive a Thank You letter from Union bank and it is necessary. If I haven’t, then I need to fill up a form again “daw“. I didn’t ask him more about it because I really wanna go home. I just planned to call their customer service to verify it which I did. The lady who answered my call said that I will receive it in the mail within 7 to business days. I just need to receive it and nothing to do after wards. They will be notified right away if a customer already receives it the same day.

Now that I have my card on hand, I was eager to enroll it for online banking. I actually did the same day I got it. By the way, once you received your card, it’s already activated. So, as usual it will take 2 banking days before you can access your online account same with my previous topic about Union bank EPayCard. I’m hoping that there will be no conflict with the account verification like what I have experienced before. Anyway, I’ll show you guys how to enroll your account online.

1. Go to EON CyberAccount Online Banking. You will see an error message. Just click on Log-in and you will be redirected to the main page.

2. Click ENROLL HERE.

3. Validate your EON card info. Type in the complete card number and PIN. Click Submit.

4. Nominate three usernames of your choice. If the User ID #1 is not available then Unionbank system will check if you can use one of the two remaining usernames.

5. Let’s say User ID #1 is available. Just confirm it.

6. After you confirmed your User ID, you now need to fill up this online form:

Reminders:
*The fields with red mark/asterisks are mandatory.
*Please ensure that your card info are matched with what you are typing in. In my case, I really called Union bank first to ensure that the spelling of my complete name is correct (same with the my other personal info) because as I have mentioned earlier this was my problem before. It took a month before they fixed it.
*Much better if you will include your active e-mail address so that in case your online enrollment was declined you’ll be receiving an update from Union bank.

7. Enrollment Successful! Your online banking will be activated after two banking days.
My online account is not yet activated. Once it’s up and running then I’ll show the full details of enrolling in PayPal also.

I was surprised that my online banking was activated since yesterday afternoon (Feb 21). I’ll show you guys how to access your online account as well as setting your transaction password.

1. Go to EON CyberAccount Online Banking. Log-in with your User ID and Card PIN. Hit enter.
2. Once logged-in, you will be redirected to the Terms and Conditions page. Scroll down and click Agree.
3. Set the transaction password on your account.

5. What is the difference between my transaction password and my login password?
 As part of the improved security of our website, we will be providing you with two passwords, the login password. Your login password, which you will be using to log in to your account, will continue to be your ATM PIN. Your transaction password, meanwhile, will be used when you conduct financial transactions. You will be nominating your transaction pin upon your first log in.

Credit: https://ebanking.unionbankph.com/EbankRetail/web/L001/retail/jsp/Help.html

You need to set a new transaction password on your account after 180 days. It’s not necessary to wait for 180 days because you can actually change it anytime you would like too. Just go to My Profile – Change Password.
After you set your online transaction password, you will see this pop-out message:Congratulations! You’re all set. You can do online banking now. e.g. Online Shopping, Transfer Funds, Pay bills etc.
______________________________________________________________________________________________

I’m done already showing the step-by-step guide on how to enroll in online banking and accessing your online account. Now, I’m going to show you how to verify your PayPal account using your EON account.

1. Go to https://www.paypal.com/ph.

2. Click Sign Up.

3. Under Create Your PayPal Account Page, choose your country from the drop down menu and choose what type of account would you like to have (Personal, Premier or Business). Let’s say we’re going to set up Personal account. Just click on Get Started button below it.
4. Enter your information as shown here:Reminders:
* Your email address will be your log in account. I advised that you should have a dedicated email account for this because this is somehow a financial account. All of your PayPal Transactions will be sent there like your receipt after purchasing an item online using PayPal Checkout.

* Be careful with your email address domain name. If there’s .ph on it or whatever then emphasize it or else you’ll have a hard time validating your email account.
* Your personal info should match with your card records/bank account.
* CSC Code/CVV number is the three digit number at the back of your card.
* Make your password strong. Use special characters also.
* Click “Agree and Create Account” once your done.

5. You will see this page right after you successfully enter your personal and card info in Step #4. Just click Go to My Account.

6. You will now see the main page of your PayPal account. You now need to verify your email address. To do that, Click “Confirm email address” under Notifications. You will then receive an email from PayPal*, open it and just click on Confirm my email address button. You will be redirected to a page wherein you need to type in your PayPal password. Please do so until your PayPal Email account is successfully validated.*This gonna be real-time so check your email account right away.

7. After validating your email address, now verify/confirm your card. To do this: Go to My Account – Overview – Click Get verified.

8. Under Confirm your card to get Verified page, you’ll see the info that you typed in earlier during the registration process (Card Info and Billing address). Just click Continue. You will be charged P100.00 on your EON card as part of the verification. It will serve as your initial PayPal fund after the process.
9. PayPal will send a unique code on your online statement. They usually call it Expuse Number or PayPal Code. This is a real time transaction also. With that being said, PayPal verification is indeed fast. You only need to check for that 4-digit unique code on your online banking account. Since yours is already up and running, don’t hesitate to check it right away.

* Go to your EON CyberAccount.
* Go to My Account – Overview – Click Get verified.
* In Home page, Click Deposit Accounts which is Under Accounts Summary.
* Click the drop down button under Options. Choose Last 10 Transactions.
* Click Go.
* Look for a Transaction Description like this: VISA-PP*4009CODE SG. The 4009 is the Expuse Number/PayPal Code. (See image below)
As you can see, there’s a copy of the Expuse Number/PayPal Code (4009). And the overall charge was P101.00.

10. Now that you have a copy of your Expuse Number/PayPal Code. Go back to Paypal site then continue verifying your card. Enter the code as shown here: (Copy-Paste will work). Click Confirm Card.
11. After Step #10. You’ll see this prompt.

12. CONGRATULATIONS! You now have a verified PayPal Account. As you can see from the image below, the account status is now verified and also you have an initial PayPal balance of P100. You just have refunded the PayPal charge earlier.

Related Topic:
Verify Paypal Account Using Unionbank Visa ePaycard

Reference:

Comments

1. By on

Hi ,

How would I know that my account on EON CyberAccount Online Banking is already activated ? Can I receive an email from Unionbank ?

2. By jay on

Hi,i’ve followed the all steps above but when I tried to link my eon card to my paypal account this message showed up “The bank that issued your card didn’t approve this transaction” I’m done enrolling my card and I have 500Php on my account. please help. its been a week since I got my card

3. By ayuzawa on

Hello I have worries I hope you can advise. my situation is this, I link my eon card to my paypal for verification, however, i mistakenly typed a wrong expiration date of my card. paypal already deducted my card and i have my expuse code already now(I emailed the customer service). i went back to my paypal and edited my card’s expiration date and it’s already corrected. I am worried because I might have typed a wrong expiration date in my eon cyber account online when i filled out the form (I can’t login yet there since it’s not activated yet). Does the eon enrollment form asked for the card’s expiration date? I am worried because if it’s not the same date i place in paypal, the card might be blocked.

• By Seo Jay Hee on

I don’t remember if I entered my card’s expiration date before but based on the screenshots I have provided in the article, card expiration date is not a required info during registration.

4. By on

Nice tutorial here, greatest thing in using EON Debit card is that you can easily use it with your paypal account for safe online shopping.. I also found this site with additional information:

5. By Christopher T on

I just have my EON card today.THen i follow the instruction above on how to enroll but i cant find log in in error message.I only see this
    Server Error in ‘/EbankEON’ Application.

Runtime Error

Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a “web.config” configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its “mode” attribute set to “Off”.

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the “defaultRedirect” attribute of the application’s configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

• By Seo Jay Hee on

Note sure why you’re getting such error. Did you try to access the link in other browser?

Alternatively, try to search Unionbank PH in Google. Go to homepage then click EON Cyber Account.

6. By Jess Ablay on

Hi,

Can I still withdraw funds to my EON even if the transaction password already expired.

Thanks,
    Jess

7. By raybax on

hey guys!..need some help here..
    im receiving this message!..

just activated few hour’s ago(eon card)..
    it doesn’t have money yet!..

what would be the cause of this error?..
    thnx and GOOD DAY=)

• By Laurie on

Same here. I just got my eon card today and used it to verify my paypal account, but got the message:

Have you resolved your problem?

8. By rod on

HI, I AM DONE ALL OF THAT BUT UNTIL I CANNOT LOG IN BECAUSE MY USER ID IS INVALID BUT I USE THE VALID USER ID THE ONE I TYPE WHEN I FILL UP THE FORM. WHAT WILL I DO ? IT ALMOST I MONTH SINCE I FILL UP THE FORM.

9. By Kelseydough on

Hi, i already enrolled my eon card and its already validated but when i withdraw from paypal it says i have to lift the limits of my card but when i do it says that the card is denied by the bank but i already enrolled it and it has been confirmed? why? what should i do? help please.

10. By ERICA on

Hi! Thank you very much for such an awesome guide.

I just have one inquiry, I have a very long name (3 first names) and therefore only two of my first names were shown in my EON card. In creating a paypal account, should I register my full name or just the name indicated in my EON card? I heard that paypal is very sensitive with the card displayed on card so I want to confirm this.

Thank you! Hoping for a response :)

11. By Minter on

Hi, I got my EON card today and immediately applied for Paypal and EON cyber account. First of, with Paypal this message appears when I enter my card number and csc “This credit card has been denied by the bank that issued your credit card. For details on why your card was denied, please contact your credit card issuer’s customer service department. Or, you may want to try adding a different credit card.” And with cyber account, Unionbank didn’t give me my Account Number. So i tried to place my card number on the account number (even though it only accepts 12 digits), but then it says “Invalid account ID”.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

12. By Joi on

I got my EON card the same day that i applied for it. And on that day I did set up everything , registered my UNION BANK online account and also Paypal.Everything was smooth that day so was settled. But after 2 weeks I wasn’t able to log in to my EON account , it says that I entered an invalid card number or user id, even though, I got the correct card #/user ID and PIN, still asking me to enter valid a card#.Would you please help me with this? I can’t reach their customer service. Thanks!

13. By on

You should use your nominated log-in ID or username. Also, did you receive an e-mail confirmation from Unionbank? If not, better give them a call. 2 business days is the standard time frame for activating an online banking account.

14. By Dennis on

Good Morning. I enrolled my EON ATM 3 days ago in your Online Banking Website. I tried to login but it always says that i have entered an invalid ID/CARD NUMBER. Until now I cannot access my online account. I need the 4-digit code to verify my Paypal Account and proceed to do transactions. Please help. Thank you!

15. By Jesus III Sierte on

i cant log in on unionbank EON page, it says that please enter a valid card nuber or user id, but i already registered.. all i have to do is log in but everytime i’ll try to log it always says the same thing.. it’s already been 3 days since i enroll at EON..

16. By Noelyn_ervas on

THANKS .. THIS IS VERY HELPFUL. i HAD JUST APPLIED FOR MY EON CARD EARLIER TODAY FOR THE VERIFICATION IN MY PAYPAL ACCOUNT .. this will be very easy to follow..

17. By Reynald on

tungkol poh s card yung withdraw funds to your account pwede ba i withdraw yun s atm card mo o sa mismong banko? thanks!

Trackbacks