Want to create a Daum account? This guide will show how to do it step-by-step.
An email address is required to register. Any email address will do as long as it is not yet registered. I recommend a Gmail or Naver account as some email accounts or domains are being rejected by the system.
Note: Please refrain from using a disposable email address because Daum will block the IP address used to connect to their server once detected.
CREATING A DAUM ACCOUNT
A tablet, smartphone, or whatever can be used to register, however the Daum website might look different from the desktop view due to the size of the device’s screen and the options or links discussed below might be hard to find.
This guide was tested on a laptop using Internet Explorer.
1. Go to www.daum.net.
Note: Whitelist Daum website in the browser’s Pop-up Blocker, or allow the website’s pop-up(s) temporarily.
2. Press the 회원가입 [Sign Up] link below the Login box. See the screenshot below for reference:
3. On the next page, select the 이메일로 가입 [Email Sign-up] option with an envelope icon.
4. Enter the required information:
Note: Refrain from idling for a couple of minutes, or else the system will prompt to start from the beginning.
- First Box [Email]: Type in a valid email address and click on the 인증번호 받기 button afterward to receive a certification number or verification code. Click the OK button if there is a small window that pops up to authorize sending of a code. Sending is real-time. Check the email sent by Daum both in the inbox or spam folder. If it did not arrive within 10 minutes, click on 인증번호 재발송 [Resend Certification Number]. Make sure to use the latest sent code.
- Second Box [Certification Number]: Type in the code sent to the provided email address, for example 865301, then click 확인 [Confirm]. Make sure to type the code within 10 minutes after it was sent or upon receipt. A confirmation message will appear if the code is correct, or if the certification is successful [“인증에 성공하였습니다”].
- Third Box [First or Complete Name without a space]: English or Korean name will do, for example Tenten. The maximum allowed number of character is 30.
The email address and certification box will be grayed out once the code is validated.
Proceed to the next page.