5. Tick the two small boxes to agree to the terms of service, then click the 다음단계 [Next Step] button.
6. On the next page, create an ID and password:
- First Box [Daum ID]: Daum will assign a username automatically, however it can be changed. A combination of letters and numbers can be used. e.g. mtenten. A caption in red will appear below the box if the username is not available.
- Second Box [Password]: Create a strong password by using a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and special characters. The shortest password that can be used should contain 8 characters. e.g. Example123@. Click the 보기 button to view the password. If the box border turned to green, it means the password is strong. If red, it’s weak and it must be updated.
7. Type the Korean characters as shown in the CAPTCHA. This is easy for those who mastered Hangul.
Not familiar with Hangul characters? Try this online tool instead. To use, press the character that matches in the CAPTCHA until the code is complete. Afterward, copy-paste the generated text in the box in the registration form.
Having a hard time? I can help. Just shoot a message to my Skype ID below.
8. Click the 가입완료 button to complete the registration.
Daum will confirm if the registration is successful like in the screenshot below:
To go back to the Daum home page and to start checking mail or other services like Cafe, Music, tvPot, et cetera, just click on 서비스로 돌아가기.
Untick the “Daum을 시작페이지로 설정합니다” box below it to prevent the site from changing the browser’s home page [if only if there is].
- January 7, 2014 – Daum streamlined the registration process. New registration form is introduced.
- December 24, 2014 – Added CAPTCHA in the ID and password creation page.
- December 2, 2015 – Major guide revamp. Added new screenshots. This post has been transferred from StarrGuide to iamtenten.blogpot.com.
- June 2, 2016 – Re-transferred post to this domain. Major guide revamp.
For questions, suggestions, and comments, use the comment form below or send me an email by filling out the form at the right sidebar. Feel free to inform me of updates about the topic.
Need help with creating an account? Shoot a message to my Skype ID: iiamtenten.