This is a continuation of the previous article I published about downloading the Dragon Nest NA (North America) game installer.
In this post, I’m going to illustrate and explain step-by-step how to install the game on a Windows computer. The following steps below are tested on a Windows 7 (64-bit) computer. Unfortunately, I can’t test it on Windows 8 or 8.1 because I deleted it from my PC. I didn’t find it appealing and really fast, thus I chose to keep Windows 7. Anyway, I noticed that there are some peeps in the forums who shared their experiences running DN on Windows 8. Some can play just fine while some are getting errors and any other issues. Please remember that no matter what Windows operating system you are using, the installation procedure is just the same. The game client is not designed to work with Mac OS X.
I’m going to introduce two ways on how to run the installer: via Dragon Nest Downloader, and by manually running the installer in case the Downloader is closed.
Recommended Computer Specs
Before installing the game, let me just share the following recommended computer specs from the Nexon website.
- Operating System: Windows XP or higher
- CPU: Pentium 4, Dual Core 1 Ghz
- RAM: 2 GB or more
- Hard Disk Space: Over 4 GB free space
- Graphics Card: Nvidia 8000 series
- DirectX Version: 9.0C or higher
Installing Dragon Nest NA via Downloader
So, after you download the big game installer which is almost 5 GB as of writing, you will see a “Ready to install” notification below the download bar, and an “Open” button in the lower-right hand corner.
1. Click the Open button. Let the installer load. It will be on “launching” status for a few seconds.
Installing Dragon Nest NA is easy and fast. The setup consists of a few screens only unlike other game installers created using InstallShield.
2. Click “Agree” to accept the license agreement, and to proceed to the next step.
3. Select a folder for installation. By default, the game will be installed in C:\Nexon\DragonNest. You can change it by clicking on the “Browse” button. A small window will pop up where you can select an installation folder of your choice.
4. Click Install.
5. Wait for the installation to finish. It will take a few minutes.
6. Congratulations! The game has been successfully installed. Click OK to close the window.
Take note, Setup will add Dragon Nest shortcut icon on the Desktop automatically. Use it to launch the Dragon Nest website, to log in to your account, and to pull up the game launcher. If you need assistance on running the game, please read this post.
Aside from the game client, the Nexon Game Manager will be installed on your computer as well. It is required to run the game. Do not uninstall it!
Running the Game Installer Manually
In this section, I’m going to explain how to install the game by running the installer manually.
The folder containing the installer you downloaded through DN Downloader is either saved on the Desktop or in your designated download folder. The folder name is “Dragon Nest”. Open it, and run the DragonNestSetupVXXX.exe which usually comes first in the list. See screenshot below.
To run it, either double-click it, or run it as administrator (right-click). Click “Yes” if you get a User Account Control warning message.
Please follow Step 2 onwards above to proceed with the installation.
“Dragon Nest | Support – Game Download” Nexon. Retrieved on May 25, 2014 from dragonnest.nexon.net/support/game-download