Excluding the whole game folder in ESET Real Time Protection will help you avoid any lag issue while on-game. Aside from this, you can also do defragging, deleting junk files, etc. This is not mainly an issue for those who have a good pc specs. This is highly advisable to those who have a low RAM and Processor on their PC. To do this:
1. Open ESET Smart Security 5.
2. Click the white check icon in the upper right hand corner and select Advance Setup from the drop-down menu.
3. In the Advance Setup window, click the ‘+’ icon before Computer.
4. Click the ‘+’ before Antivirus and antispyware.
5. Click Exclusions.
6. Click Add button.
7. Locate the folder containing all the files associated to the game you want to exclude from Real Time Protection.
8. Click OK.