It’s been a long time since my last post related to BPI. Now, this’ gonna be the first time that I will write a guide about PayMaya. In this blog, I will guide anyone on how to load PayMaya using BPI online account.
Talking about first, I’m not using any financial accounts outside BPI. But then, PayMaya, an e-wallet app, came to my life. 😆 It’s because I needed a replacement to my credit card for online transactions.
I’d been transferring or adding money to PayMaya through my BPI online account. However, BPI hasn’t fixed the “This feature is temporarily unavailable” error yet. So, I dumped PayMaya for a few months, then went back to using my credit card.
Now, as in today, I reinstalled the app and I was amazed to see BPI as an option. So, after trying, I’m now ready to share the knowledge.
What do you need?
First things first, I wanna talk about the requirements, in order to load PayMaya using BPI online account, first, you need internet obviously. Secondly, the PayMaya app with an active account. Thirdly, an active BPI online account with funds from a savings account or what. And lastly, a phone bearing the phone number or SIM card registered to the BPI online account. Like any other online services nowadays, the following transaction that I’ll explain involves authorization using one-time PIN aka OTP. Okay?
How to load PayMaya using BPI online account
This will not take so much time to do. IMO. 😆
- Open your PayMaya app, then on the home screen, tap Add Money.
- Tap the very first option; Bank account.
- Tap the BPI logo.
- Type in the amount you would like to transfer or add to your PayMaya account. Then, hit Continue.
The minimum amount is 500 pesos. On the other hand, the maximum is 20,000 pesos.
- Check the amount, then tap Continue.
Based on the test I’ve conducted, there’s no transaction fee, transfer fee or load fee. Note that PayMaya or BPI may provide this service free-of-charge temporarily.
- Note that you will complete the next steps on BPI’s side. To start, sign in to your BPI online account. If you have a mobile app, enter the same login, then tap Accept.
- Select the source account or the account on which the system will take the money from. Tap Continue to proceed.
Note that credit card is not an option at the moment.
- Tap Send code to proceed with authorizing the transaction.
- Type in the six digit code that BPI sent to the phone number. Tap on Submit to complete the load transaction.
- If everything’s correct and working, you will see a confirmation like this:
- The PayMaya app will reflect the added money or fund real time.
So, that’s it! That’s how you load PayMaya using BPI online account. Hopefully, it helps. If not, feel free to rant in the comment section below. Cheers!