Write In Korean on Windows 7

7. Click Apply > OK > OK to close the pop-up windows.

The language bar icon will now appear in the taskbar.

It will show the default input method of Windows by default, for example EN (English).

Test It!

You can type in Korean as soon as the input method is enabled. To do this, open a word-processing program like WordPad, Notepad or Microsoft Word. An internet browser will do as well.

Now, since the language bar is set to the primary language of Windows, you must switch it to Korean first. It’s easy. Just press the Left ALT key + Shift, or click the language icon in the taskbar, then select KO (Korean). The Korean language bar will appear after which.

Just a quick introduction, the letter A icon Korean Language Bar - English Input Method Activated beside the globe icon represents the English keyboard layout. You can’t type yet in Korean if it is active. You must click it to switch to Hangul.

Korean keyboard layout is represented by 가 icon Korean Language Bar - Hangul Input Method Activated which appears after clicking on the A icon. Once enabled, press any letter key on the keyboard, and the equivalent Hangul alphabet for that key will show on screen.

For Korean keyboard users, it’s easy to switch from English to Korean input method, or vice versa, by pressing the 한/영 key beside the space bar.

Comments

1. By Helen on

Thank you Jerry! I was looking around for half an hour, but this is the first place that tells me about the “A” icon. (No surprise that the Microsoft site didn’t help either, right?)

2. By Saysa Ojano on

I have the same question. I couldn’t find EN, it doesn’t appear. Please someone help me. Thankyou :)

3. By Ajeng Carmelita Putri on

when i open ms word its work! the hangul appears but when i open wmp or even on screen keyboard the square2 symbols still appear? how do i solve it?

4. By Cpy Diana on

I tried on MS word and notepad, it was perfectly fine.
    but how do i make them appear on places like Facebook or Twitter?

do I need to do another setting or I have to copy & paste from Word to the sites?

5. By Anik on

Hi, Ive been downloaded your Korean language pack for Window 7 but it didnt work :( . Please help me, Kamsahamnida :)

6. By Hkim72 on

Is there a way to do this for Windows 7 Professional? I don’t have a choose a display language option. Thanks in advance.

7. By Lee Jae Hyuk (이재혁) on

As far as I know, Windows Professional is limited to just one language. Only Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise can have multiple languages installed.

8. By Andra on

I’m trying to type this in Microsoft Word Pad..but for example when I type A instead of A is M or if I type K instead of K is A. Why ?? :( And i don’t space and the character is not creating.. please helpp !! :c

9. By Amalinaa Amir on

“b. Click the keyboard Icon beside KO and choose Microsoft EMI , c. Click the Letter A icon and change it to 가”
    I click on keyboard Icon and I didn’t see Microsoft EMI. There is no A. How?

10. By sk on

제가 컴퓨터 고치기 전엔 right alt button 만 눌르면 한글로 바뀌었는데 이젠 left alt+shift 그담에 또 language bar button 을 눌러서 A를 가 로 바꿔야 한글이 써져요… 전처럼 다시 alt 만 눌러서 바꾸는 방법 없어요??

11. By Noob on

Control Panel\Clock, Language, and Region 에서 Change Keyboard or other input methods 누르신다음 change keyboards누르신후에 맨위에 언어가 Korean으로 설정되었어야되요. 그리고 그냥 Korean이 아니라 Korean Microsoft IME로 설정하시면 됩니다^^

Trackbacks