Good news! No more daunting registration in the Naver website.
Naver Corp. just released a new registration form in English which will make it easier for those who live outside South Korea to create an account. If the system detected that a visitor is using a foreign IP address, the registration page will be rendered in English automatically. So, no need for a translation toolbar or plugin.
CREATING A NAVER ACCOUNT
In order to register, an active mobile number is required.
Signing-up can be done in a smartphone, tablet, or whatever device, however please note that the Naver website might be rendered differently due to the device’s screen size and the registration button might be hard to find.
1. Go to www.naver.com.
2. Click the 회원가입 [Register] link below the login box. See this screenshot for reference:
4. On the next page, enter or select the required information. Read the following guidelines thoroughly:
- Username: Use any combination of letters [a to z], numbers and underscore. The shortest that can be used should be composed of 5 characters. A welcome confirmation will appear if the nominated username is available. e.g. kazehayakun14
- Strong Password: Use any character from A – z, 1 – 0, and symbols. The length should not be lower than 6 characters and should not be higher than 16 characters. e.g. Example123@
- First and Last Name: English or Hangul. e.g. Kazehaya Kun
- Gender: Select one. e.g. Male
- Birth Date: Enter the year, select the month, and type in the day. e.g. 1989/12/14
Proceed to the next page.