Good news! Creating a Naver account has been made easier.
Naver Corporation introduced a new registration process for us who live outside Korea. If their system determined that you’re from another country, it would show the English registration form automatically. That’s why there’s no need for a third-party translator.
Creating a Naver Account
In order to register, an active mobile number is required. Make sure that you can receive a text message.
You can sign up using a smartphone, tablet, or whatever device, however, please note that the Naver website may show differently compared to the screenshots below.
1. Go to www.naver.com.
2. Click the 회원가입 [Sign up] link below the “Sign in” button.
- Username: Use any combination of the lower case [a to z], numbers and underscore. It should be at least 5 characters. You’ll see “Welcome!” if it is available for use.
- Password: You can use upper and lower case, numbers, and symbols. It should be at least 6 characters up to 16.
- First and Last Name: You can use English or Hangul.
- Gender: Select one. :)
- Birth Date: Type in your birth year followed by the month and date.
- Recovery Email: I recommend that you provide an email address, preferably Gmail, for recovery purposes in the future.
- Mobile Number: Select the appropriate country code in the drop-down menu, then type your digits in the box beside it.
Please wait for the text message within 15 minutes. If you did not receive it, verify the number or try to use another one.
8. Click the Sign Up button and that’s it!
“Sign up is limited temporarily.“, or “Sign-up has been limited.” may mean that the system blocked sign-up attempt from your IP address.
One Login for Different Services
Aside from Mail, you can use your account to access other Naver services such as Me, Blog, Game, Café, Office, Memo, NDrive, Calendar, Web Novel, Manhwa [Comics], KiN, et cetera.
Naver will require you to complete the identity verification via i-PIN or using a mobile phone before you can purchase or download items.
P.S. Should you need assistance, feel free to email me here. Make sure that your email address is valid if you want to hear from me. If you want, you can also inquire through the comments section below. You may also read the inquiries from other readers.