- Recovery Email: Type in an email address for account recovery purposes. I recommend a Gmail account. e.g. email@example.com
- Mobile Number: Select the appropriate country code in the drop-down menu, then type the mobile number in the next box.
5. Click the Verify button after typing in a mobile number. Naver will send an SMS to it which contains a 6-digit verification code. e.g. 873656
Note: Wait for the text message to arrive within 15 minutes. If it did not arrive after the said time frame, double-check the number format or use a different number.
6. Type the verification code in the last box, then click the Confirm button beside it. A confirmation message will appear if the verification is successful.
7. [Optional] Type the CAPTCHA code in the box.
8. Click the Sign Up button and that’s it! [unless there’s an error :/]
Tip: The IP address was most likely blocked if there is a an error message: “Sign up is limited temporarily.”, or “Sign-up has been limited.”
Aside from Mail, a Naver account can be used as well to access other Naver services such as Me, Blog, Game, Café, Office, Memo, NDrive, Calendar, Web Novel, Manhwa [Comics], KiN, et cetera.
Note: Naver will require an accountholder to undergo identity verification via i-PIN or using a mobile phone before buying or downloading items and subscription[s] from Music, NStore and other premium store or service.
This guide has been tested on a laptop using Internet Explorer.
“NAVER”. Retrieved on March 13, 2015 from www.naver.com
- December 3, 2015 – Major guide revamp. Screenshots have been updated. This post has been transferred from StarrGuide to iamtenten.blogspot.com
- January 11, 2016 – Added example of recovery email.
- January 14, 2016 – Edited birth date guideline. Naver added birth year box to the English registration form. Replaced previous screenshot.
- May 25, 2016 – Re-transferred to this domain. Screenshots updated. Comments were not migrated.
For questions, suggestions, and comments, use the comment form below or send me an email by filling out the form at the right sidebar. Feel free to inform me of updates about the topic.
Need help with creating an account? Shoot a message to my Skype ID: iiamtenten.