This guide will show you how to fix Samsung Apps Update Error after updating Samsung Kies.
You are not able to use Samsung Apps because Plug-in has not been updated. Please proceed with the update for the Plug-in by rerunning Kies.
1. Make sure your default region for Samsung Apps is correct. Go to Start – Type regedit in Window Search box and click enter.
2. In Registry Window, collapse the following:
3. Under Kies 2.0 node, check if the Region is correct depending on the current country you’re in. e.g. KR (Korea). You can change the default region by clicking Region twice and change the Value Data. Click OK.
4. Go to File – Exit.
5. Locate Samsung AStorePlugin.dll plugin on your disk drive. The default location is:
6. Download this file and save it on your desktop.
7. Extract the zip file.
8. Go back again to AStore folder from Step 5.
9. Drag AStorePlugin.dll file from Desktop to AStore folder. Click Move and Replace. Before you do this, make sure to back up the original AstorePlugin.dll file. There are two different file types with the same name and you should only back up the Application extension file. See screenshot below.
10. Open Samsung Kies and got SamsungApps tab.
11. Select your country from the list.
12. Agree to the terms and conditions. Click Confirm.
13. Choose your handset model.
14. Sign In and enjoy shopping.
The steps provided above were done in Windows 7.