How-To Guides

Western Union: How to Claim an International Remittance in USSC

In this guide, you will learn how to claim a remittance sent via Western Union abroad, for example United States, in any USSC service store nationwide.

2. Submit the accomplished form to the teller together with your valid identification. A photocopy is not allowed.

3. Get ready to answer some verification questions, sign acknowledgement papers, and finish the biometrics thing. If you experienced applying for an NBI clearance, you should have an idea about the latter. Time to scan those fingerprints, plus you will pose for an ID photo. They will save it on their system for future reference.

Note: Some USSC branches will just scan your ID.

4.  Get your receipt and cash. Make sure to count it before you leave.

Note: Claiming a remittance is free of service charge, however Western Union deducts  0.15% documentary stamp tax [DST] on the total payout. For example, I’m going to claim $200.00. Western Union will deduct $0.30 in total. That is around PHP13.50. Whenever you encash a remittance, the agent will inform you of the total amount you will get minus the tax.

The whole process takes about 5 to 15 minutes depending on the teller’s skill and the queue as well. There are times that USSC offices are jam-packed.

Returning Customer

If you are going to receive money in the same USSC branch again, you must fill out a slip instead [get a copy from a teller or ask a guard]. A valid identification is also required. The process is almost the same with your initial transaction. The only difference is the form and no more capturing of fingerprints and ID photo.

Check Remittance Status

You may check the status of a remittance, or confirm if it is already available for pickup through the Western Union website. You may also call their contact center at 02-888-1200 [Metro Manila], 1-800-1-888-1200 [toll-free nationwide via PLDT], 1-800-9-888-1200 [toll-free nationwide via Globelines], or +632 888-1200 [overseas].

Read this guide on how to track a Western Union remittance online.

Locate a USSC Service Store

You may visit the official Western Union website if you want to locate a USSC branch near your place, then:

  • Click on “Find a Location” link.
  • Select province and city in the corresponding drop-down menus.
  • Find and select a preferred USSC branch in the third column.

Find a Location tool on the local Western Union website

Once you select an agent, their office hours and contact information will show up. See screenshot above.

The USSC customer service hotline is 449-3888 [Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.]

Disclaimer: This guide is for reference only. I can’t guarantee accuracy of the steps provided here. Some USSC branches might have a different procedure. Just don’t forget the requirements. That is more important.


“Send Money and Receive Money” Western Union. Retrieved on May 3, 2015 from

“Contact Us” USSC. Retrieved on May 3, 2015 from

13 replies on “Western Union: How to Claim an International Remittance in USSC”

I tried to use philhealth before since that’s my only I. D, and they said philhealth is for domestic service only.. Basically they required a primary I. D Like postal, umid, passport….Just earlier I claimed 150 box.. Fast transaction.. Thank you western union ❤️❤️Good Job

Sir/maam I just want to know if philhealth I’d can get the money from Western Union ussc worth 5,000 pesos?

Can you please send me a list of western union brances here in Manila,Philippines where i could take/widraw my money in dollars.I advise my friend to send it to me in dollars because i’ll be needing dollars here, but some of the Western union don’t allow to take money in dollars.there are only some branches where to get the money in dollars.Please help me

I have a boyfriend from Australia. He will send money through Western Union, then he said I need to get a Western Union account. Because he said, based on Australian law, the receiver need to get W.U Account, so how do I get W.U Account?

In those list of acceptable IDs for claiming cash remittances, only the NBI clearance has been specifically noted as NOT EXPIRED.

My gov’t IDs are expired. Driver’s license expired on the 18th of Dec, 2016. Yes, I have records in WU for claiming from both domestic and UK in particular. I need to claim remittance from UK.

Is it legit that all USSC branches will accept company ID? If in doubt though, will they accept combination of TIN ID or PAGIBIG loyalty card together with your company ID?

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.