2. Submit the accomplished form to the teller together with your valid identification. A photocopy is not allowed.
3. Get ready to answer some verification questions, sign acknowledgement papers, and finish the biometrics thing. If you experienced applying for an NBI clearance, you should have an idea about the latter. Time to scan those fingerprints, plus you will pose for an ID photo. They will save it on their system for future reference.
Note: Some USSC branches will just scan your ID.
4. Get your receipt and cash. Make sure to count it before you leave.
Note: Claiming a remittance is free of service charge, however Western Union deducts 0.15% documentary stamp tax [DST] on the total payout. For example, I’m going to claim $200.00. Western Union will deduct $0.30 in total. That is around PHP13.50. Whenever you encash a remittance, the agent will inform you of the total amount you will get minus the tax.
The whole process takes about 5 to 15 minutes depending on the teller’s skill and the queue as well. There are times that USSC offices are jam-packed.
If you are going to receive money in the same USSC branch again, you must fill out a slip instead [get a copy from a teller or ask a guard]. A valid identification is also required. The process is almost the same with your initial transaction. The only difference is the form and no more capturing of fingerprints and ID photo.
Check Remittance Status
You may check the status of a remittance, or confirm if it is already available for pickup through the Western Union website. You may also call their contact center at 02-888-1200 [Metro Manila], 1-800-1-888-1200 [toll-free nationwide via PLDT], 1-800-9-888-1200 [toll-free nationwide via Globelines], or +632 888-1200 [overseas].
Read this guide on how to track a Western Union remittance online.
Locate a USSC Service Store
You may visit the official Western Union website if you want to locate a USSC branch near your place, then:
- Click on “Find a Location” link.
- Select province and city in the corresponding drop-down menus.
- Find and select a preferred USSC branch in the third column.
Once you select an agent, their office hours and contact information will show up. See screenshot above.
The USSC customer service hotline is 449-3888 [Mondays to Fridays, 8:00 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturdays, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.]
Disclaimer: This guide is for reference only. I can’t guarantee accuracy of the steps provided here. Some USSC branches might have a different procedure. Just don’t forget the requirements. That is more important.
“Send Money and Receive Money” Western Union. Retrieved on May 3, 2015 from www.westernunion.com.ph/en/index.php
“Contact Us” USSC. Retrieved on May 3, 2015 from www.ussc.com.ph/ContactUs.aspx